RENTAL APPLICATION CRITERIA
The Redwood Apartments ("Management") operates in accordance with the Federal Fair Housing Act, as well
as all state and local fair housing and civil rights laws. We do not discriminate against any person based on race,
color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sex, familial status, handicap, disability, veteran status, or any other
basis protected by applicable state or local laws. The Rental Criteria below outlines some of the policies for this
community with regard to standards that may be required by each applicant in order to be approved for residency.
All applicants must be of legal age. All parties 18 years of age or older are required to complete an application
and pay any and all applicable fees. Applications are to be completed in full; applications containing untrue,
incorrect, or misleading information will be denied. The application fee is non-refundable unless otherwise
provided by state or local law. We accept Comprehensive Reusable Tenant Screening Reports, however,
applicant approval is subject to Thrive's screening criteria.
As part of your rental application process, On-Site will create a rental report that accesses up to three types of
information about you: 1) credit/financial records; 2) court records; and 3) personal references. Any negative,
misleading, or unverifiable information may result in the denial of your application. In the event of a denial or other
adverse action, you have a right to obtain a free copy of your rental report from On-Site, and to dispute the
accuracy of any information appearing in it. You may contact On-Site Renter Relations by phone (877) 222-0384;
or mail at 307 Orchard City Dr., Ste. 110, Campbell, CA 95008. For more information, visit
ALL applicants are REQUIRED to show at least one of any of the following forms of identification:
• Government issued identification such as military identification, driver's license or passport
• Age of majority card
• Birth certificate
• Social security card
All applications are submitted to On-Site.com, a third-party rental applicant screening company. All applications
are evaluated based on a rental scoring system. Rental scoring is based on real data and statistic statistical
data such as payment history, quantity and type of accounts, outstanding debt, and age of accounts. Every
applicant is treated objectively because each application is scored statistically in exactly the same manner.
The rental scoring system will compare your application to On-Site's database, and by evaluating those statistics
and real data in accordance with pre-established criteria set by Management, On-Site will recommend one of the
• Accepted. The applicant will be accepted with the standard deposits and fees.
• Accepted with Conditions. Depending on the community's policy, the applicant may be given the option to pay
an additional security deposit,
• Denied. The application will not be accepted. The applicant will be provided with contact information for the
consumer reporting agencies that provided the consumer information.
If On-Site recommends "Accepted with Conditions" or "Denial," a guarantor or co-signer may be considered. In
this instance, the original applicant's application will be re-submitted along with the guarantor or co-signer's
application. Applications for guarantors and co-signers processed through On-Site are also scored, but are
typically held to a more stringent, pre-established screening standard because guarantors and co-signers are
technically responsible for the payments for this residence, as well as their own place of residence.
Written verification of income in an amount equal to 2.5 times the monthly rent per household will be required,
along with any necessary supporting documents.
• Pay stubs within the past 30 days
• Bank statements showing recurring pay deposited.
• Previous Year Income Tax Return
• Letter from employer on company letterhead verifying income and employment.
• Applicants with NO EMPLOYMENT must provide proof of bank balance equal to or greater than 6 months of rent
or apply with a qualified co-signer.
• All Bankruptcies must have a Closed Status.
Management reserves the right to verify the applicant's residence history.
Applicants charged convicted for certain felony and misdemeanor offenses may not be approved for residency,
depending upon the pre-established criteria set by Management.
Applicants who have been a party to an eviction proceeding may not be approved for residency, depending upon
the pre-established criteria set by Management.
If your application is denied due to unfavorable information received on your screening report you may:
• Contact On-Site to discuss your application and identify any unfavorable information.
• Supply On-Site with proof of any incorrect or incomplete information.
• Request that On-Site re-evaluate and re-report your screening information and rental score to Management
HOW YOU CAN IMPROVE YOUR RENTAL SCORE
Your rental score results from information found in your credit report, criminal history, references, and application
data. Such information may include your history of paying bills and rent, the accounts you have, collections and
delinquencies, income and debt.
Your rental score may change if the underlying information it is based upon changes. To improve your score,
concentrate on paying your bills on time, paying down outstanding balances, and removing incorrect information.
Your chances of approval may also improve if you apply for an apartment with lower monthly rent, or use a
guarantor or co-signer if permitted by Management.
HOW YOU CAN REMOVE INCORRECT INFORMATION
On-Site is committed to accuracy and will investigate any information you dispute. Contact our Renter Relations
team at (877) 222-0384. If you provide proof of your claim, we will promptly make appropriate adjustments.
Download the form on our site for details.
• A monthly pet rent of $35.00 will be required per apartment. Pet Deposit of $250.00 & Non-refundable pet fee
• Pets must be a minimum of six (6) months old.
• Pets cannot exceed at full maturity.
• Exotic and poisonous animals are not allowed in the community.
• Pets are limited by breed. The following breeds either full or mixed are restricted and will not be accepted:
-Pitbull, -Doberman, -Rottweiler, and -American Staffordshire Terrier.
• Prior to move-in or when a pet is accepted you must provide management with a veterinarian certificate of
health with the following information: name, breed, age, weight, shots or vaccinations and spayed/neutered.
You must provide a picture of pet(s) for our records.
• A maximum of 2 pets per apartment.
• Pets designated as service animals to accompany a resident with a verifiable disability for specific purposes of
aiding that person will not be charged pet fees. All verifiable documents must be provided to management
prior to move-in.
• Reference the Pet Addendum for details of the pet policies.